Patient Participation Group
Bottisham Patient Participation Group
What is the Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
A group of people, voluntarily working together with doctors, nurses and other Practice staff acting as your voice to represent your views to the Practice and to enhance its work.
Membership of the Group is open to all patients registered at the Bottisham Medical Practice.
Our Patient Participation Group is a member of the National Association of Patient Participation, whose aim is to enable patients and their medical practice to achieve high quality and responsive care. The Association’s aims are as follows:-
- To act as ‘critical friend’ to provide a patients’ perspective ensuring services, plans and activities respond to patients needs and priorities.
- To foster communication with the wider patient population building stronger patient-doctor relationships.
- To provide practical support to practice teams e.g. conducting and analysing patient surveys, organizing health awareness events etc.
- To encourage those with long term and/or multiple health conditions to gain confidence in managing and taking control of their health and care.
- To help other patients take more responsibility for their health and make informed decisions.
Patient Group Publications
Patient Participation Reports
The purpose of the Patient Participation Direct Enhanced Service (DES) commissioned by NHS Cambridgeshire is to ensure that patients are involved in decisions about the range and quality of services provided and, over time commisioned by their practice. Please click on the reports below: