We are delighted as a practice to be able to dispense to patients in the following villages:
Bottisham, Lode, Longmeadow, Swaffham Prior, Swaffham Bulbeck, Little Wibraham, Great Wilbraham, Stow-cum-Quy, Six Mile Bottom and existing Reach and Teversham patient's.
The benefits to dispensing patients are:
· We provide access to medicines and general healthcare under one roof.
· There is no need to take your prescription to a Pharmacy. If a clinician issues a prescription during a consultation, the patient is able to have the prescription filled within a few minutes from our dispensary, rather than having to walk or drive to a Pharmacy.
· There is less room for error and confusion regarding repeat prescriptions if medications are dispensed on site.
· There is immediate access to the prescribing clinician if required.
· GP dispensaries have a unique opportunity to support patients in their medicine-taking, ensuring benefit from medicines is maximised and waste is minimised.
Dispensary Opening Hours
The Dispensary is open from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, Monday to Friday and does not close for lunch.
Will the dispensary have what I need?
The Dispensary has a broad range of stock and commonly prescribed items. If we do not have an item in stock, we are able to obtain it within 24 hours (like any chemist or pharmacy) as we have twice daily deliveries from our suppliers.
Standards in dispensing practice
Service standards are set very high for dispensing doctors. Dispensary standards for doctors in England and Wales are set out in the Dispensary Services Quality Scheme (DSQS) which was agreed by the NHS, the General Practitioners' Committee and the Dispensing Doctors' Association, and introduced in 2006/07. The DSQS is a quality framework, which has patient safety at its centre and it has been widely adopted by dispensing practices.